Monday, December 29, 2014

A Miracle At Every Step - Blue Ridge Parkway by Foot from N-S



A video montage of the 479 mile Blue Ridge Parkway North to South Backpacking trip during September and the first two weeks of October 2008.  I dedicated my walk to Gene Parker, Harley Jolley, and Samaritans Purse - Operation Christmas Child.

I was a Seasonal Interpretive Park Ranger during the summers of 1974, 1975, 1976, and 1977 on the Blue Ridge Parkway.  I just retired from 33 years of teaching Science in NC Public Schools.  My goal is to Backpack the Blue Ridge Parkway from Jarman Gap in Shenandoah National Park to Milepost 469 in Cherokee, NC.  I expect the kike to take ~40 days.  This will bookend my 33 year career as a Public School Teacher and allow me to place my career into perspective.  MISSION ACCOMPLISHED- October 12, 2008.

Some of the best Blog Posts from my "Walk"




No comments: